30 Jul Aging to 40!! A personal reflection
I think any new age that ends with a zero really begins to create reflection and this is no different for me. I’ve been reflecting on this a lot. There was a time in my life when I didn’t think I would ever make it to the age of 40. I was kind of a hippie and still I am at heart, and for some reason I thought I’d be like Janis Joplin, Jimi Hendrix, Jim Morrison or Kurt Cobain and die at 27. LOL. Only in my dramatic and ever so tortured teen mind. Not that I thought I was cool enough to be in their 27 club, I just resonated with them in my younger years. Five to One, Me and Bobby Mcgee, Purple Haze, and In My Life by the Beatles were among the music I connected with at such a deep level, even though that was not my generation. Maybe I was there in a past life. I didn’t quite have a vision for myself and felt like I was a lost soul. But in retrospect, I was just on a path to find a deeper meaning to life. I would never change anything because it has made me who I am today.
My life has had its twists and turns, and I’ve had to overcome so much in my life. From divorce, being a single mom, putting myself through school during this time, addiction, obesity, health problems, heartache, loss and so many other things in between. I’ve held onto bullshit beliefs like I’m not good enough, I don’t belong, I’m not worthy, or valuable to make a difference in this world. I have evolved to realize that life’s too short to hold onto those beliefs. I’ve realized that holding onto beliefs like that only keeps me stuck and keeps me from being who I am truly meant to be in this world. It is when we can open up the wounds, heal them, and let go of the past, we can create a new meaning for our lives and we can really begin to live.
I am beyond grateful and honored to be able to say that I am 40 years old today, I feel privileged. Along the way, I have begun to discover my soul truth and become in alignment of who I really am as a soul, as a woman and as a human. I cherish each moment because I am honored to be walking this path on this earth for the short time to live my soul’s purpose. I have learned most recently, that I can have all that I want to my heart’s desire. It is because we all deserve that kind of freedom, that kind of abundance and joy. We ALL deserve it. We all deserve the kind of love that is unwavering, unconditional and unending. We all deserve to do things that bring us joy each day. We all are in charge of creating and manifesting the life we want and building the reality we will set foot in in the future. Because it begins now. There is no shortage. There is no hierarchy. Each day is a gift. Cherish it. We are not victims of our circumstances. We are empowered with all the tools we need to make it happen. We get to choose. Everything is a choice. We just have to believe in a new reality. We need to support each other’s growth.
I am blessed to be a part of this world to make a difference in the lives of others, and that brings me joy and fulfillment. I’m excited to do all the things that I love to do: travel, compete in physically challenging events, build relationships, kayak, cycle, attend concerts, see Michelle Obama, get my motorcycle license, learn the ways of a shaman, these are the things I will do just in July. The future has no bounds of what is possible. When I think about coming into alignment with my truth and who I want to be and what I want to experience, it is pure joy, pure passion and pure love. Because isn’t that what we all are at the deepest level?
I am 40, see me soar!
A few things I have learned along the way:
1. My Body is my temple- what goes into it is EVERYTHING…food, drink, thoughts, emotions, etc.), affects every part of my being- physical, emotional, spiritual.
2. Everything is energy and energy changes. If you don’t like something, change the energy around it and you will have a much different experience.
3. Love is the only thing that is real. Everything else is an illusion. We are all love. And we all get to choose what we want to focus on.
4. Conformity is constricting. Following the crowd doesn’t mean it’s the right thing to do or the best thing for me.
5. Everyone needs a hug, maybe 3, maybe 10. Physical touch is what we all need everyday
6. My body speaks to me, I just need to listen to what it needs. It’s subtle, but profound.
7. Age is just a number, it’s how you feel and the meaning you give it that makes the most difference
8. Living a heart centered approach to life is more empowering and life giving.
9. Nothing happens in a vacuum. Every one affects everything. Every small action has a reaction. The world is our sanctuary, we must respect it as so.
Things I am still in embracing:
1. Learning to say no and not take on too much
2. Learning to BE, rather than always DOing
3. Being OK with uncertainty
4. Loving what’s not perfect yet- or imperfectly perfect
5. Making the leap and trusting my inner guidance
At Health Coach Connect, we offer individualized coaching sessions to assist you in managing your health concerns and making healthy changes to support you and the health of your family. We will support you as you transition to a more vibrant healthier you! Our coaches specialize in working with many areas of health including weight reduction, stress relief, thyroid disorders, heart disease, cancer support, and can help you find ways to make a transition to a more nutritious diet including more plant based eating.
If you’re interested in more about what we do, consider signing up for our newsletter to receive instant access to our wellness wheel assessment. You’ll also receive recipes and important health information delivered to your inbox and much much more!
Please let us know your thoughts! Comment below – we want to hear from you!
Do you want to learn more about how a Health Coach can help? Check out this great article on the benefits. If you’re interested in coaching to have some support around these lifestyle changes, we’d love to work with you. Receive a FREE Consultation and let us match you with one of our amazing health coaches we have standing by to work with you!